12 Pin Flat Ribbon Cable
The IDC connector flat ribbon cable is a ribbon cable with a 12-pin IDC connector.
The 12 pin IDC connector flat ribbon cable is easily and directly inserted into PCB and is suitable for internal wiring in office equipment, audio, and video machines.
A 12 pin female connector flat ribbon cable is mostly applied to electrical appliances, data or communication devices, LCD TV panels, DVD players, gaming equipment, hard drives, backlight panels, LED displays, medical equipment, and much more.
- 1.27MM, 2MM, 2.54MM pin connector
- 12 pin IDC connector
- LOW MOQ 50pcs accepted
- 3-15 days delivery time
- Product Details
- 12 Pins Connector Flat Ribbon Cable,2mm Pitch;Length: 30cm / 11.8”
- Total Width: 12mm / 0.47-inch ;Connector Type: Female Connector
- Main Materials: Plastic ;Withstand Voltage: 300V ;Temperature: 105 Celsius
- Easily and directly inserted into PCB
- Suitable for internal wiring in office equipment and video machines
An Outline of 12 Pin IDC Connector Flat Ribbon Cable
Advancement in technology is coming with more sophisticated and efficient devices. Today, we have smaller but extremely excellent laptops compared to some developed years ago. All this is coming due to improvements in specific components. Flat ribbon cables are among the ideas helping to shape the technological industry.
A 12-pin flat ribbon cable is now used for computer cabling, medical devices, gaming equipment, and so on. The 12-pin ribbon cables are preferred for their nature and shape, allowing them to be used in confined spaces. Now, let’s get to understand more about this cable.
As much as a 12-pin ribbon cable might seem similar to other flat ribbon cables, it has unique features. The specific features you will identify with the 12-pin ribbon cable are;
- The cable is gray with a red side.
- A 12-pin flat ribbon cable has an IDC connector with a pin pitch of 1.27mm, 2mm, and 2.54mm.
- This cable has a plastic insulating material
- It can withstand a current voltage of up to 300V
- The ribbon cable has a contact resistance of about15mΩ
- It can work best at a temperature up to 1050C
- The ribbon commonly measures 7.6mm wide and 20cm in length.
All 12-pin IDC cables must be UL 2651 Certified and ROHS compliant, among other requirements. These requirements approve they are safe for use by any individual and to the environment. Some 12-pin flat cable applications include electrical appliances, data or communication devices, LCD TV panels, DVD players, gaming equipment, hard drives, backlight panels, LED displays, medical equipment, some industrial devices, cabling in electronic boxes, and much more.
A 12-pin ribbon cable is designed to have three main components. They form the cable and ensure it functions efficiently. The cable has connectors to its ends, copper conductors, and insulation. Each plays a significant role in its performance and led to the cable’s benefits like;
- The cable has a high conductivity level- Copper is a great conductor with a low resistance level. This allows the cable to transmit electric power efficiently.
- An insulator seals a 12-pin flat cable- Commonly, ribbon cables are covered with plastic insulations like PVC. PVC is an efficient insulator with high thermal resistance (1050C) and can work under harsh environmental conditions. It’s resistant to moisture, abrasion, and oil.
- The conductors are well-separated by the plastic insulating material- There are no chances of the conductors getting into contact, which can result in shorting.
- An IDC 12-pin connector flat ribbon cable is highly flexible- You can fold it over without damaging it. Both the copper conductor and insulator are designed to be flexible for any application.