20 Pin Flat Ribbon Cable
The IDC connector flat ribbon cable is a ribbon cable with a 20 pin IDC connector.
The 20 pin IDC connector flat ribbon cable is used for interior computer applications, its characteristics make it added advantages over other types.
A 20 pin female connector flat pitch ribbon cable’s applications are determined by its features. If its manufacture meets the required standards, without any defects of the plastic jacket and injection molding, lack of scratches and deformations, it will efficiently provide satisfactory services.
- 1.27MM, 2MM, 2.54MM pin connector
- 20 pin IDC connector
- LOW MOQ 50pcs accepted
- The prototype is available, lead time: 1-3 days
- Double rows, 20pin female to 20pin female header with both ends, compatible with 2.54mm spacing pin headers.
- Total length is 12″ (30cm) with 2.54mm Female to Female 20P 2 x 10 sockets.
- Wire: 28 AWG (7×36) Stranded 300V; Wire Pitch: 0.05″ (1.27 mm) Center Spacing
- Ribbon cable saves space and time on circuit interconnecting assemblies. The conductor ribbon cable separates easily for clean terminations with standard wire connectors, jacks, and pins.
- IDC connector flat Ribbon cable, Applying to digital cameras, digital camcorders, laptops, LCD TVs, LCD monitors, suitable for most Atmel AVR jtag debuggers, in-system programmers, isp download, etc.
An Outline of 20 Pin Connector Flat Ribbon Cable
Comparing the cylindrical cables or wires with the flat ribbon cables, which have a good appearance? It’s obvious; that a flat ribbon cable looks unique for its ribbon-like nature. A 20 pin ribbon cable is commonly used in various parallel buses in LED displays and computer systems.
Normally, a roll of 20 pin flat ribbon cable is 100 feet long and can be cut in required sizes which sometimes depend on the customer’s preference. The cables have multiple applications and advantages due to their unique features.
A 20-pin flat ribbon cable’s applications are determined by its features. If its manufacture meets required standards, without any defects of the plastic jacket and injection molding, lack of scratches and deformations, it will efficiently provide satisfactory services.
Some of the unique features of the 20 pin ribbon cable are;
- The cable needs to have an Underwriters Laboratory certification to prove having met the UL requirement and thus certified.
- IDC 20 pin flat ribbon cables a 0.635mm, 1.0mm, 1.27mm cable pitch
- The standard cable is custom length
- Commonly, a 20 way ribbon cable
- It has an IDC connector
- Designed having 20 pins, thus the name 20 pin ribbon cable
- Has a rated current of 1Amp and a maximum voltage of 500V
A 20 pin IDC ribbon cable comprises different components. The ribbon cable is a combination of joined wires lying parallel to each other. Each wire has a copper conductor that helps to transmit data. The conductors are sealed with an insulator making the cable resemble a piece of ribbon.
The ends of the cable comprise connectors. They connect the cable onto different devices like the hard disk to the PC for easy transmission. A 20 pin IDC ribbon cable for a female-to-male cable guarantees a better and easy connection between the female and male connectors. The connection is made manually by just fixing both connectors.
Considering the 20 pin ribbon cable is used for interior computer applications, its characteristics make it has added advantages over other types. The following are advantages of working with a 20 pin IDC female connector flat ribbon cable;
- Highly flexible- The cable can be folded or bent easily
- It can be used in limited spaces since it has a flat nature
- Easy to install or remove during repair and maintenance
- The insulation made of PVC has a high-temperature resistance rate (-40 to 1050C)
- Durable- An UL-certified cable must provide a service of more than 10 years without being faulty
- The copper conductor has a low resistance of about 15mΩ.
As technology advances, we have new devices and connections. With a 20 pin IDC flat ribbon cable, it becomes easy to connect computer components. The cable has high conductivity and low resistance levels making it efficient for its specific application. In case you wish to change a worn-out cable, consider one that has met the OE requirements to get an original cable. Moreover, contact us for more info.