40 Pin Flat Ribbon Cable
The IDC connector flat ribbon cable is a ribbon cable with a 40 pin IDC connector.
A 40 pin female connector flat ribbon cable securely connected to the pins, quick circuit experiment. In the terminals have not been damaged they can be reused.
The 40 pin IDC connector flat ribbon cable has a design allowing their applications in industrial, medical, and other technological fields. The cables are readily used in different electrical appliances.
- 1.27MM, 2MM, 2.54MM pin connector
- 40 pin IDC connector
- UL2651 28AWG cable
- Be certified by UL, REACH, VDE, ROHS, CCC, SGS, or CE.
- Product Details
GPIO Ribbon Cable Flat Wire 20cm 40pin for Raspberry Pi 3 2 Model B B+ Plus
- This 40 Pin Ribbon Cable is specially designed for the Raspberry Pi.
- You can easily connect it to the low-level peripherals!
- Allows to extend standard IDC 40-Pin Cable and can also be used for additional applications.
- Connector Type: Female IDC Connectors, Pin Pitch: 2.54mm, Length: 20cm / 8″, Width: 51mm / 2″, Wire Range: 28AWG
An Outline of 40 Pin Ribbon Cable
Wondering why there are flat ribbon cables instead of the common cylindrical ones? Ribbon cables have special applications that other cables can’t offer. The use of flat ribbon cables has enabled electronic manufacturers to design smaller and smaller devices. All thanks to flat ribbon cables that are applicable in limited spaces.
A 40-pin flat ribbon cable is among the flat ribbon cables widely used in instrumentation equipment, computer cabling, and medical equipment, among other devices. Let’s get down to 40-way ribbon cables’ characteristics, application, and advantages.
A 40-pin ribbon cable has various features differentiating it from other flat ribbon cables.
- 40 pin ribbon cable is identified with UL2651 28AWG
- The cable has a pin pitch of 1.27mm, 2.00mm, 2.54mmpitch
- A 40-way ribbon cable has 40 pins (source of its name)
- The cable has an IDC connector
- It has grey color with a red edge- The red edge is the terminal edge for counting the pins.
- The cable has a current rating of 1Amp and a maximum voltage of 500V
- A 40-pin IDC connector flat ribbon cable should be certified by UL, REACH, VDE, ROHS, CCC, SGS, or CE.
- Works best within temperatures -400C and +1050C
- The cable comes with a length and width of 20cm and 25mm, respectively
These unique features can help you identify why the cable carries its name. However, you are likely to note that some features are similar to those of other flat ribbon cables. To avoid confusion, consider asking your supplier to get the right cable.
40 pin IDC female connector flat ribbon cable has a design allowing their applications in industrial, medical, and other technological fields. The cables are readily used in different electrical appliances.
Examples of the devices using the 40-pin ribbon cables are;
- PCB board circuit connect
- Hard drives and CD drivers
- Car LCD panel and LCD TV panels
- DVD players
- Computer cabling
- Medical equipment
These are just to mention a few of the cables’ applications. Being ribbon cables gives 40-pin ribbon cables an added advantage over other cables since they help save a lot of space.
40 pin IDC female connector flat ribbon cable has various benefits enabling them to be used in various fields. These benefits include;
- Space efficiency- Reduces unnecessary use of tapes and insulations, thus reducing the cable’s physical volume and bulkiness.
- Flexibility- Can be easily folded. This allows the cable to be used in areas with continuous and high flexing applications.
- Can work even in extreme conditions- The cable has a PVC insulation that protects it from extreme temperatures (-400C to 1050C). Also, the insulation is highly resistant to abrasion and corrosion from moisture and chemicals.