AC Power Cable
An AC power cable is a common type of cable you will find in electrical-powered appliances. This cable uses electrical alternating currents energy whereby electric charges reverse directions from time to time (periodically). Such energy flow results in energy transmission to equipment from a power source through an AC cord.
- Environmental safety and compliance with REACH, RoHS, and WEEE.
- 100% copper wiring tested for continuity and conductivity ensuring maximum performance and reliability.
- Temperature chamber tested to ensure cable performs to environmental and jacket rating
- AC POWER CORD: This 10ft (3m) 18AWG flexible computer power cable with NEMA 5-15P and IEC 60320 C13 connectors are suitable for workstation/home office use | Rated to carry 125V at 10A
- PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY: UL listed (UL62 & UL817) | Fully molded strain relief connectors for durability | 3 Conductor Power Cable made from 100% Copper Wire | Fire Rating: VW-1
- SPECS: 10ft (3m) Power Cable | NEMA 5-15P to IEC 60320 C13 | 18AWG | 125V 10A (Max) | Jacket Rating: SVT | Jacket Material: PVC | Color: Black | Temperature Range: 37°F to 140°F (3℃ to 60℃) | Cable Outer Diameter: 0.25in (6.3mm)
- COMPATIBILITY: NEMA 5-15P works with North American electrical outlets | IEC C13 connector works with most desktop computers, and many monitors, scanners, printers, and more | Replacement PC power supply cable/cord
An overview of AC Power Cable
An AC power cable is a common type of cable you will find in electrical-powered appliances.
Basically, what is an AC power cable? This cable uses electrical alternating currents energy whereby electric charges reverse directions from time to time (periodically). Such energy flow results in energy transmission to equipment from a power source through an AC cord.
An AC power cable has different components;
- Flexible cable with an outer insulating cover made of PVC, textile, or Polychloroprene rubber.
- Has two conductors- neutral and ‘hot’ and some cables will have a ‘ground’ that helps reduce electric shock risks.
- Electrical plugs- a female and male
For many people not conversant with AC power cables and DC power cords, it becomes challenging to differentiate one from another. If a supplier confuses and alternates the cables and sells one instead of another, it might be difficult to identify the difference.
However, the general difference between the two cables is; An AC power cable transmits an alternating current whereby the current’s polarity changes periodically. DC power cable supplies direct current meaning the current doesn’t change polarity. AC power cord for TV is an example of an AC power cable even though some T.Vs are designed to run on both AC and DC, implying that they can accommodate either current.
It’s necessary to note that if you have a battery-powered gadget and only have an AC power supply, it’s possible to use an AC adapter cable to convert the AC from your power source to DC for your device.
There are different types of AC power cords. Mostly, the voltage difference, types of connectors, plugs, and insulating materials cause the difference in these cords and depend on a country’s laws. Before purchasing an AC power cable, consider knowing the most suitable one by consulting your supplier. Some types you may encounter include;
An AC input cable has a variety of applications. It is used in various industries, including commercial, industrial, electronic, retail, residential, and entertainment. AC power cables are used in musical appliances, lighting, electrical power gadgets, household tools, and other numerous ways. The common uses are connecting household gadgets like T.V, computers, etc.
You can use an AC extension cord when the main cable is short. Extension cables come in different sizes to serve an individual’s purpose. You are likely to realize that one AC extension cord will differ from another depending on the outlet plug type. Also, their lengths will vary from two feet to even one hundred feet. You can get a long one, depending on your preferred length.