XT60 cables are the cables using the XT60 connector.
An XT 60 power cable approved by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has unique features different from other XT cables, for example, XT30 and XT90. Having been approved by UL allows it to serve you within its intended purposes.
XT 60 cable has several properties like;
- The cable can carry a current of up to 30A.
- It has a flexible and durable material (PVC).
- It’s made of an efficient electricity conductor (copper) that has less resistance.
- An XT 60 charging cable can withstand stringent conditions.
- It can work under extreme weather conditions (-300C to 1250C).
- The cable installation procedure is easy.
- Product Details
- Used as an adapter or extension wire
- Male XT60 to Female XT60 Adapter Wire
- Wire: 14awg 30cm
An Overview of XT 60 Cable
XT 60 cables are continuously gaining more popularity due to the advancement in the XT 60 connectors. They are supplied at a competitive price, and their overwhelming overall performance makes them a trend.
Most surprisingly, you will realize an XT 60 cable will come with a red and yellow colored cover jacket. This is a feature that is common for all XT 60 cables and is connected with a yellow XT 60 connector on both sides. An XT 60 cable is a popular type of cable used in high-current lithium polymer batteries. They are uniquely made to carry a current up to 30A.
The unique making of the XT 60 charging cable ensures that it serves you right. You don’t have to worry about its failure to provide the services if at all it is UL approved. That’s why; consider getting only UL-approved XT 60 cables to reduce any disappointment chances. Some of the advantages of using an XT 60 cable include;
- XT 60 cable’s current carrying capacity- The cable is made of a conductor with a current rating of 30A.
- The cable is easy to fold due to its high-flexibility
- You can use XT 60 cable on a high-current lithium-polymer battery
- The insulating material on the XT 60 cable is efficient for harsh weather conditions and resistant to chemical corrosion and abrasion.
- A UL-approved XT 60 charging cable is highly durable.
With a battery producing a current up to 30A, you can use an XT 60 charging cable without any issues. The battery XT 60 cable has a pair of one female and one male connector that ensures an efficient flow of current from a battery to other appliances. Using copper as a conducting material helps to prevent reverse polarity and allows an easy current flow.
Mostly, an XT 60 cable will be 30 cm long, but you can consider extending the length by buying an XT 60 extension cable. Also, you may choose to use an XT 60 y-splitter cable that will make more current available without increasing any voltage.